Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (Gallatin Field) is located in Belgrade, Montana, and has become the busiest airport in the state over the past few years. The airport features three runways and covers a space of roughly 2,400 acres.
Bozeman Yellowstone Airport is considered the “gateway to Yellowstone National Park,” and is the only year-round gateway to two of the park’s entrances.
Did You Know? Interesting Facts About Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport:
- Several artists have works on display in and around the terminal, including sculptor Ott Jones and photographer Mark Macleod.
- Originally known as Gallatin Field, the airport was renamed in 2011 to associate it with Yellowstone National Park.
- Bozeman surpassed Billings as Montana’s busiest airport in 2013. Their record-breaking passenger count totaled in at 879,221 passengers from June 2012 to May 2013.
- Corporate jets make up around 7% of the airport’s traffic.
- The terminal, which features modern amenities, is decorated much like a wilderness lodge. Stone stairways and wooden paneling are prominent, and sculpted birds are suspended in the air above.
- BZN is owned and operated by the Gallatin Airport Authority.
Summit Aviation Weather Cam A
Summit Aviation operates a flight school and charter service. Their webcam at Bozeman is positioned adjacent to the runway and is intended to show weather conditions at the location.
Summit Aviation Weather Cam B
A different angle from Summit’s camera network at Bozeman Airport. The Bridger Mountains can be seen in the background.
View Summit Aviation Weather Cam B.
Big Sky Resort Interactive Tram Cam
This camera sits at an elevation of 11,166 feet and looks down from the top of Lone Peak. It faces the Lone Peak Tram, and offers a view of the Mountain Village and multiple ski runs.
Yellowstone National Park Webcam – Old Faithful Geyser
This streaming view of the renowned geyser gives a clear view of the daily eruptions that made it famous. The webcam site displays the next approximate time when the geyser is due to erupt.
Yellowstone National Park Webcams – Full Selection
The National Park Service provides a number of webcams throughout Yellowstone Park. In addition to the Old Faithful streaming cam, there are views of the old Fort Yellowstone parade grounds and vistas provided from Mount Washburn fire lookout posts.